In the United States, driving or being a passenger in a motor vehicle is inevitable – especially in Phoenix and/or Arizona. Nearly all of us drive or ride in a car, motorcycle, bus, truck, or other motor vehicle every day. However, we often forget just how dangerous they can be and how often serious car crashes occur. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; automobile accidents are the cause of one death every 12 to 15 minutes and injure more than 2.5 million people each year.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the most common causes of auto accidents are:
- Driver error — These crashes are often caused by driving distractions such as drinking and driving, texting while driving, cell phone use, eating, personal grooming or talking to passengers; failure to follow the rules of the road; misjudging traffic conditions; falling asleep behind the wheel; or simply failing to pay adequate attention to one’s driving.
- Vehicle malfunction — Common vehicle failures that have caused crashes include faulty tires, bad steering columns, defective seatbelts, transmission or engine problems, faulty airbags, inadequate roof strength, and a variety of other automobile defects.
- Environmental factors — Slick roads in the winter and glare in the summer are both frequent causes of car accidents, in addition to road construction, obstructed views, inadequate roadway lighting, poor traffic planning, violations of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices and negligent road design.
Being injured in a car crash can wreak havoc on a person’s life. Therefore, if you are a victim of a motor vehicle accident, you need to hire an attorney who understands the lasting effects of being involved in a motor vehicle accident.
We Are Here To Help With Your Injuries
At David Shapiro Law, PLLC, we are here to help. Our Scottsdale personal injury lawyer David Shapiro has seen the devastating injuries caused by a motor vehicle collision. Many victims come away with permanent disabilities like brain damage, paralysis, amputation injuries, orthopedic injuries and other serious ailments that significantly and negatively affect the lives of crash victims. In cases where a serious injury or death results, the family members of the crash victim also suffer including emotionally and, often, financially.
If you are injured in a car accident here in Arizona, David Shapiro Law, PLLC, has the depth of knowledge, experience and tenacity to aggressively pursue your claim and ensure your best chance at recovering fair compensation.
Injuries in a truck or car accident can range from minor scrapes to cataclysmic life-changing events. We encourage you to seek out medical help immediately for any injury that warrants attention and quickly contact us. Attorney David Shapiro will sit down with you to hear the details and your legal objectives. He then creates a strategy tailored to the needs of the case, whether it is a trucking accident, fender bender or motorcycle crash.
Why File A Claim?
Some car crash victims may be reluctant or uncomfortable filing a claim – even when they are the victim. Many people think insurance companies will deal with them fairly after a car crash. Unfortunately, most if not all insurance companies are not altruistic. They make their money from collecting premiums and paying as little on each claim as possible. Therefore, it is likely a mistake to believe that the insurance company will be fair with you. In addition, seeking compensation is important and necessary for many reasons, including:
- Injuries often mean extensive loss of income because of time away from work, or inability to perform your job after the accident.
- Medical insurance does not cover copays and other expenses tied to medical treatment.
- Insurance carriers may not want to pay the amount needed to properly repair or replace your vehicle.
- Negligent drivers should not be allowed to disregard the rules of the road without severe penalty.
- You have endured pain and suffering because of their actions.
- Your spouse or children have also been affected by your injuries
- You can no longer perform the same activities that you once loved before the accident
Our Firm Can Be The Difference In Your Case
Not all personal injury attorneys share the same level of experience, knowledge and dedication you will receive from Scottsdale personal injury attorney David Shapiro, PLLC. We have always represented victims of personal injury and motor vehicle accidents – not the insurance companies. We have a history of success and have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for victims of motor vehicle accidents.
We are dedicated to helping victims involved in a variety of different motor vehicle accidents. No matter what type of vehicle or the size of the injury, we can help in a variety of ways:
- We investigate the circumstances of the accident to build a strong case.
- We speak with witnesses to see if the official report missed any important details.
- We will pursue each and every potential cause of the accident such as a defectively designed roadway or a bar who over-served a patron.
- We aggressively fight for your rights during negotiation or in court.
- We will handle all interactions with the insurance company to motivate them to pay you the proper amount.